LET'S GET STARTED...😊

 

This morning I inquired from a colleague what support was needed for the specific day. The response was; 

'' I am going to ask a question, but don't laugh. How can I access Agresso and Timesheets...?''

Before she could conclude the other part of the question I was already laughing at the seriousness of her question to access 'Agresso'

I remembered the first day I joined the organization, and the misconception I had that someone was hired to run the printer just like at a commercial stationery shop, or internet café. How would the email be printed out with the name on the top? I realized everyone had to have hands on skills on how to print, scan and copy on 'that machine' that kept beeping all day long. My first hands on orientation was on how to operate the printer! (Feel free to share some funny first time memories in the comment section.)

That funny memory reminded me of how being a new staff can be overwhelming at the start, and here to share a few tips from experience, on how to settle in.

  1. Attend the orientation religiously.
  2. Complete all the mandatory online courses on time.
  3. Ask as many questions as possible, from the Project team/ onboarding buddy, (The word is 'support', seek for it whenever necessary.)
  4. Take it one step at a time as there is a lot of learning to do in a short time.
  5. Read and understand all available project documents.
  6. Develop a priotized to do list each day, ticking off accomplished tasks as the day rolls.
  7. Be flexible and adaptive. Planned days may end up different, you may end up doing something different from your plan, or incorporate new tasks.
  8. Learn as fast as possible!
''Talents and skills grow through consistent practice and progressive learning. The secret is to learn to relearn and unlearn.'' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE UNWAVERING SPIRIT OF VOLUNTEERING

MAINTAINING A GOOD MENTAL HEALTH DURING THIS COVID-19 PANDEMIC

THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO NOWHERE