THE SMILE THAT SPOKE DEEPLY

For Iona .H, my dear friend turned sister. In celebration of all we share, and the positive energy that keeps us pushing for greater better things. To all the decisions we have painfully and happily taken to better our lives. To a sisterly connection across two continents... Cheers to that chord that never breaks!


I once met a girl so innocently

beautiful

Her smile would touch the 

Deepest soul

But beyond the magic smile and laughter

lay a loneliness unheard

Beyond the smile...

lay a past...

Peeping from the void

Only she knew the battles 

That lay beyond that void.

The scars hidden in her soul...

A testimony of her triumph

And when I met her,

I smiled back...

And our souls mingled

In utter comprehension.

She was me, and I was her

And together we embarked on an unstoppable journey

To take on our dreams

To take on our lives

Being ultimate encouragers from two different worlds...

Gladys x


It's a story of two creative souls bound together, soaring above the barriers through creativity. 

Iona is unbelievably creative, and runs an ink tattoo studio in United Kingdom, while I, do lots of online and offline writing, reading and knitting during my free time, on top of my social work.






                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE UNWAVERING SPIRIT OF VOLUNTEERING

THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO NOWHERE

MAINTAINING A GOOD MENTAL HEALTH DURING THIS COVID-19 PANDEMIC