FUEL YOUR PASSION


                                                                                                                                                           

''If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose'' Bishop T.D Jakes

Two years ago, I had lost direction, lost hope, and could not figure out what my passion was. When asked what I really was passionate about, I had exactly no perfect response, all I knew was I loved teaching, but that I felt it was never my unique passion! I needed something unique, something creative, something outstanding...something to bring me back to life.

I then made it my goal to find something 'constructive' to be passionate about, something that would grow me personally and professionally. I chose to volunteer. I searched up all opportunities I could think of, and among the ones I got was a Youth Livelihoods empowerment and entrepreneurship placement.

Right before I and my team had plunged into the real work, the National Covid-19 lockdown struck. I can not explain how disappointed I was, as I was more than prepared to learn a skill that I would be passionate about. I called up a friend and expressed my disappointment...

''But you can write! You have always written journals and short stories...start a blog!'' is all he said.

That was the moment...the moment I realized I truly had a passion. I have been reading and writing from a very young age. Throughout my primary, secondary and university days, I was among the few learners who religiously stuck to the library schedule, I have read more than 200 books, kept more than 20 journals and diaries, written a few poems, kept a personal library at home and have lines always running in my head!!!

I had unlocked my passion, and behold what, I started this blog, and made it my purpose to learn as many more other skills as possible, at low cost without going to a skilling school. I learnt from friends and You Tube. Branded and got market for some of my products, and had a list of true friends supporting my passion.

I love cake...I learnt how to bake, was keen on having some income...I started making commercial liquid soap, I fell in love with knitting...I made the scarfs...I loved writing, I kept my blog active...I loved learning so I enrolled in International webinars, got a scholarship to attend the online European Forum Alpbach conference...I became passionate about climate change... I started a backyard vegetable garden, facilitated an international Youth call to Climate Change Action for youth in Uganda, Nepal, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Tanzania and Nigeria...

I had not only found one passion...I had found more than one...and that led me to my purpose! I got recommended for opportunities, landed myself the first National Youth Representative role for a reputable organization, got a guest invite from Rotary Muyenga, facilitated International events, got connections and friends I had only dreamt of before, got memberships to developmental networks, my technological knowledge skyrocketed as my daily work involved use of technology...this list is endless...

 All in all, my life was fully handed back once I found my passion, and took control of my purpose! What's your Passion???

''In the end you've got to be your own hero, because everyone is busy trying to save themselves.''


See Gallery of Hands-on Technical skills I am passionate about;

                 



                                         






Comments

  1. This is a yummy conversation here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow that's a unique, teaching and sweet blog,, keep it up big sis I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. See you still using my account... Hahahaha
      Remember what I have always told you, find your passion... Not until you find it, your purpose will be blurry. Let me know when you finally make up your mind.

      Delete
  3. Wow.this is so inspiring Jose.am so happy for you.keep up the spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspiration is what we all need to keep moving. I'll surely keep it up! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Keep up the spirit. I love the fact that you are always flared up! #high-spirited-girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thee shall prosper
    Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE UNWAVERING SPIRIT OF VOLUNTEERING

THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO NOWHERE

MAINTAINING A GOOD MENTAL HEALTH DURING THIS COVID-19 PANDEMIC